- Contract to Perm
- Kentwood, MI
Location: Kentwood, MI
Pay Rate: $25.00
Office: GR- GR Staffing
Job ID: 723294
We’re an industry leading manufacturer of unique and beautiful wood products and we are seeking a FInishing Team Leader to join us. The department leads a range of duties that includes an understanding of a line within the finishing department's functions and procedures, as well as assigning and coordinating the tasks and activities of the department’s operation.
We offer Machine Operators:
- Mon-Fri 6:30am-3:30pm
- Starting pay at $20-$25/hr
- Casual attire allowed
- A $200 bonus when you refer a friend to work for WSI
- A clean and positive work environment
A typical day as the Finishing Team Lead includes:
- Provide leadership in the department; make decisions, solve problems, develop
- procedures to maximize production efficiency and maintain quality standards
- Work with Production Scheduler to determine and execute the most efficient production process
- Prepare production line: sprayers, rollers, stains/paint needed for daily production
- Make sure employees have the information and materials needed to maintain the
- production line at capacity
- Identify and solve quality issues
- Perform maintenance of the finishing line. Weekly/Monthly
- Provided training for new employees to coach, counsel, and motivate employees
- Comply with safety standards
- Department organization and cleanliness
- Maintain inventory of department supplies
Specific Wood Finishing & Color Responsibilities:
- Increase finishing departments' capabilities using new techniques, materials, surface
- treatments, and finishes.
- Standardize, Improve and sustain finish quality. Responsible for all QC in the finishing
- department to include an order-by-order review of processes and quality prior to
- Update, improve, and maintain finishing S.O.P’s, Standards, and Step Samples
- Research and report on new finishing materials, looks, and treatments
- Develop and present different concepts and colors for product development
- Work close with Product Development on the release of new products (spec sheet,
- samples, etc)
- Create clear processes from new products (colors) to production ensuring that new
- processes can be produced on UV roll coat line (Can have other steps outside of the line
- to achieve looks).
- Work with outside and inside Sales Team on custom samples and project submittals.
- Communicate effectively on the turnaround time of custom samples. Be available for
- conference calls with architects and designers regarding color work and expectations.
- Keep SDS files updated on material we have in-house and use
If you would like to experience an atmosphere of entrepreneurial spirit in a setting where your thoughts and actions make a difference, we encourage you to follow our easy-to-apply process and APPLY NOW.
Even if this position isn’t a perfect fit for you, responding lets our recruiters know you’re open to other employment opportunities.
"*" indicates required fields