- Kalamazoo, MI
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Pay Rate: $0.00
Office: WSI – Internal Recruitment
Job ID: 666032
WSI, a multi-year winner of Best and Brightest Places to Work in the Nation, is hiring a Human Resources Manager, who will plan, lead, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the HR department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
The successful candidate will manage a team that oversees talent acquisition, training, safety, culture and engagement. This position reports to the President/CEO and is a member of WSI’s Executive Team.
What we offer our Human Resources Manager:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- 401k w/match
- Dental/Vision/Medical all-in-one insurance
- Gym reimbursement
Job Duties for this position are (but not limited to):
- Collaborates with the Executive Team to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, and initiatives to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Provides leadership, direction & expertise for the Administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance, talent management and succession planning; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Partners with the Executive Team to ensure execution of HR initiatives are aligned with business priorities.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s HRIS or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory change, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies their knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to the Executive Team. Develops and maintains departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Address employee relations issues, resolve conflicts and implement policy. Selects and supervises human resource consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, if applicable, and coordinates company use of insurance agents, insurance carriers, pension administrators and other outside sources.
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Provides management coaching and training to front-line staff on topics including but not limited to; performance management, critical conversations, delivering constructive and productive feedback, and developing employees and teams. Influences and drives organizational change to support business initiatives and strategy.
- Partner with finance to create an informed benefit administration and compensation
Qualifications for our Human Resources Manager position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field is
- Minimum of 5-years of human resource management experience is required.
- SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM-CP/SCP highly preferred.
- Capable of building strong relationships and rapport with leadership team, staff, clients and associates.
- Strong business acumen.
- Recognizes and enjoys the business side of business. Has knowledge of the organization’s finances and operations and how talent management affects each.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvements; demonstrated experience driving process improvements.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and lead multiple activities, projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Positive “can do” attitude and a passion for working with and developing employees at all levels.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and effective leadership skills.
If you’re an HR Professional wanting to be part of an award-winning culture, please send us your resume today!