- Contract to Perm
- Grand Rapids, MI
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Pay Rate: $25.00
Office: GR- GR Staffing
Job ID: 696154
You’re seeking a diverse work environment that rewards your hard work with industry-leading pay, competitive benefits, and a schedule that promotes work/life balance. Your ideas matter and someone should listen to them. This could be the place for you.
In addition to things like games, prizes, cookouts and events and performance incentives that make our facility in Kentwood a great, high-energy place to work, we offer freedom and responsibility, numerous career growth opportunities, and a business that acts local and thinks global to reduce our footprint. We’re a driven group of outside-the-box thinkers who are doing amazing things with wood. We’re an industry leading manufacturer of unique and beautiful wood products and we in search of someone to fill the role of Maintenance Technician.
We offer Maintenance Technician:
- Monday – Friday – 1st shift (7am – 3:30pm)
- Starting pay $25+ (based on experience)
- Casual attire allowed
- A $200 bonus when you refer a friend to work for WSI
- A clean and positive work environment
A typical day as a Maintenance Technician includes:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Develop training plans for service technicians and operators.
- Develop Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials.
Some skills and qualifications we are seeking in our Maintenance Technician:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- (Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Electrical and mechanical principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Industrial electrical
- Industrial controls
- Industrial Electronics
- PLC programs
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field preferred and/or 2 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components–motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
- Mentor operators by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships across all levels in the organization and provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance.
- Can provide guidance and motivation to operators to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb ladders and gangways, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours, and work in environment that can be noisy and not climate controlled.
If you would like to experience an atmosphere of entrepreneurial spirit in a setting where your thoughts and actions make a difference, we encourage you to follow our easy-to-apply process and APPLY NOW.
Even if this position isn’t a perfect fit for you, responding lets our recruiters know you’re open to other employment opportunities.