- Contract to Perm
- Grand Rapids, MI
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Pay Rate: $16.00
Office: GR- GR Staffing
Job ID: 650784
You’re seeking a diverse work environment that rewards your hard work with industry-leading pay, competitive benefits, and a schedule that promotes work/life balance. Your ideas matter and someone should listen to them. This could be the place for you.
When jobs say ‘fast paced environment’, they usually mean you’re going to struggle to keep up. When we say that, we mean things like games, prizes, cookouts and events and performance incentives that make our facility in Kentwood a great, high-energy place to work. We offer freedom and responsibility, numerous career growth opportunities, and a business that acts local and thinks global to reduce our footprint. It’s been asked, and yes—we get much of our reclaimed lumber from the fields of Wyoming.
We’re a driven group of outside-the-box thinkers who are doing amazing things with wood. We’re an industry leading manufacturer of unique and beautiful wood products and we are in search of someone to fill the role of Machine Operator.
A typical day as a Machine Operator includes:
· Set up and feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
· Inspecting parts with precision and measuring tools
· Testing and checking machines for output, mistakes, or flaws
· Keeping records of your production and maintaining activity logs
We offer Machine Operators:
● Monday – Friday – 1st shift (7am – 3:30pm)
● Starting pay at $16 per hour for these entry level positions
● Casual attire allowed
● A $200 bonus when you refer a friend to work for WSI
● A clean and positive work environment
Some skills and qualifications we are seeking in our Machine Operators:
● Previous experience in machine operations is preferred
● Ability to stand, walk, bend, and twist for up to 8 hours
● The ability to read blueprints and manuals
● Ability to work OT as needed
● A working knowledge or adaption to measurement tools like a micrometer or calipers)
● High school diploma / GED preferred
● Keep a safe workplace, are a great team member and can communicate effectively
● Have dependable transportation that gets you to work on time every day
If you would like to experience an atmosphere of entrepreneurial spirit in a setting where your thoughts and actions make a difference, we encourage you to follow our easy-to-apply process and APPLY NOW.
Even if this position isn’t a perfect fit for you, responding lets our recruiters know you’re open to other employment opportunities.
"*" indicates required fields