[Kentwood, MI:] WSI (Workforce Strategies, Inc.), an award-winning recruitment and staffing agency, will be hosting an onsite hiring event at Roskam Baking Company on Friday, April 9th from 10 am – 2 pm.
WSI is teaming up with Roskam to fill General Labor and Machine Operator positions on all shifts. Roskam is a family-owned and operated business that has been making a variety of delicious bakery products and snacks since 1923. Associates of Roskam enjoy a team-oriented work environment, temp-to-hire opportunities, as well as vacation time, medical benefits, and a pay increase upon hire. Pay rates for these positions begin at $14/hour.
Job seekers are asked to dress GMP-compliant while attending the hiring event:
- A plain t-shirt with no images or writing. The shirt must be clean and tucked in, without buttons or strings. No hoodies are allowed in the facility. If cold, applicants are asked to wear a long sleeve shirt under their t-shirt.
- No jeans, leggings, or sweatpants are allowed
- Close-toed shoes
- No jewelry, watches, or beaded belts. Wedding bands without stones are okay.
- No piercings, tongue rings, or tissue piercings.
- No artificial nails, nail polish, or fake eyelashes
“What job seekers will love about working at Roskam is spending their days working with such sweet products! The roles we are hiring for work to produce some of the world’s most popular candy bars and marshmallows,” says Ana Post, WSI Grand Rapids Branch Manager. “Associates also love the atmosphere of working with a family-owned company who are committed to seeing their employees grow within the company.”
Due to COVID-19, all applicants will have their temperature taken with a temporal scanner prior to entering the building. Face masks are required inside – if you don’t have one, WSI will provide one for you. Interior areas will be marked with 6-foot distances and there are hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- WSI & Roskam Baking Company Hiring Event
- 3035 32nd St, SE Kentwood, MI 49512
- Friday, April 9th
- 10 am – 2 pm
- Job seekers should bring 2 forms of identification and come dressed GMP compliant
- Please contact the Grand Rapids Office with any questions