[Kentwood, MI:] WSI (Workforce Strategies, Inc.), an award-winning recruitment and staffing agency, will be hosting an onsite hiring event at Roskam Baking Company on Wednesday, April 21st from 7 am – 2 pm.
WSI is teaming up with Roskam to fill direct-hire and temp-to-hire positions on 2nd and 3rd shifts. Roskam is a family-owned and operated business that has been making a variety of delicious bakery products and snacks since 1923. Associates of Roskam enjoy a team-oriented work environment, temp-to-hire opportunities, as well as vacation time, medical benefits, and a pay increase upon hire. Pay rates for these positions start at $14/hour.
Job seekers are asked to dress GMP-compliant while attending the hiring event:
- A plain t-shirt with no images or writing. The shirt must be clean and tucked in, without buttons or strings. No hoodies are allowed in the facility. If cold, applicants are asked to wear a long sleeve shirt under their t-shirt.
- No jeans, leggings, or sweatpants are allowed
- Close-toed shoes
- No jewelry, watches, or beaded belts. Wedding bands without stones are okay.
- No piercings, tongue rings, or tissue piercings.
- No artificial nails, nail polish, or fake eyelashes
“For these roles, Roskam associates will be working with a team to produce comfort food favorites like various sweet breads and the ultimate Thanksgiving staple, croutons,” says Ana Post, WSI Branch Manager. “We have full time direct hire, and temp to hire opportunities for job seekers on 2nd and 3rd shift with immediate start dates!”
Due to COVID-19, all applicants will have their temperature taken with a temporal scanner prior to entering the building. Face masks are required inside – if you don’t have one, WSI will provide one for you. Interior areas will be marked with 6-foot distances and there are hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- WSI & Roskam Baking Company Hiring Event
- 5353 Broadmoore Ave, SE, Door U, Kentwood, MI 49512
- Wednesday, April 21st
- 7 am – 2 pm
- Job seekers should bring 2 forms of identification and come dressed GMP compliant
- Please contact the Grand Rapids Office with any questions