Because our purpose here at WSI is to empower others to live their best lives, we’re excited to share a new education program available for Michigan residents!
The State of Michigan has recently announced a program allowing Michiganders, aged 25 years or older, the opportunity to receive a tuition-free associate degree from their in-district community college or complete a skills certificate. The program offers scholarships through more than 70 private training schools with 120 different programs that offer certificates in industries such as manufacturing, construction, information technology, healthcare, and business management.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Michigan Reconnect Program:
- You must be at least 25 years old to apply
- You have to have lived in Michigan for at least one year or more
- You need to have a high school diploma
- You cannot have already completed a college degree (associates or bachelor’s)
- The program is also available to those currently in community college, as it will pay the remaining balance of tuition and fees
In a recent press release, the Acting Director of Michigan’s Labor and Economic Opportunity Department, Susan Corbin, stated, “Reconnect offers a path for so many Michiganders hoping to begin – or complete – their education and career journey. This program, like so many others we’re focused on, will help expand opportunity for all Michiganders and make Michigan a better place to live, work, and play.”To submit your application and learn more about the Reconnect program, please visit Michigan.gov/Reconnect.